Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mmmm...horchatas.

When Cliff and I visited my sister in northern California several years ago, they took us to a Mexican restaurant that served liquid gold wrapped in sunshine and sprinkled with a little heck yes.

I mean, they served horchatas, a cinnamony ricey milky drink.

And aside from a Mexican vacation a couple of years ago, we haven't had them since.

Until I found a recipe on Pinterest.

People?  You need to make these.

I'm not going to bore you with my un-appetizing looking photos.  Instead, here's one of David's from his original recipe post:
This is David Lebovitz's photo!  Not mine!

Yum, right?

Next time, I'm going to cut down the sugar slightly, but other than that, this recipe is perfect

Now, if you'll excuse me, my glass is empty.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these look really fancy! Great that you can enjoy them now whenever you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked. I LOVE new bevi recipes.

    I'd like a little sprinkling of heck yes.

    ReplyDelete

If you type something below it will make the sun shine and the flowers bloom and all the world's children sing hand-in-hand. If you don't, someone, somewhere, will kick a puppy. You don't want to have that on your conscience, now do you?